Theologica

a bible, theology, politics, news, networking, and discussion site

A request for my brothers and sisters in Christ....

Please stand with us in opposing the Government's attempt to force religious affiliated institutions to provide free contraceptive and abortive services as part of their health care coverage when providing such coverage is clearly against the moral teachings of the organization. 

This is a clear violation of the constitutional protection of the free exercise of religion and all people of faith need to let the government know that such intrusions are unacceptable. 

(Letter from Archbishop Dennis Schnurr of Cincinnati on the subject.)

Thank you for reading this and for standing with us.

Peace

James

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Daniel,

Yes - in a compromise both sides need to give something...Which is why we, as God fearing Christians as well as patriotic Americans, cannot compromise on this.  There is nothing we can give here.  The rule is an attack on our freedom of conscience and freedom of religious practice. 

What is needed is not "compromise" but rather "consensus".

For our part, the Catholic Church understands the Presidents efforts to provide health care.  However, the President needs to come to understand the depth and importance of this matter to people of faith, and in particular the Catholic Church and her teachings.

So - compromise is not really an option.  Consensus is - but it requires a desire and ability on the part of the administration to understand and to work with...so far, this administration has not shown that desire. 

Over at CAF someone posted a fairly brief article about the Amish and their fight to be exempted from the Social security system on religious grounds.  I thought folks here might find it interesting too...

Amish and Social Security

Peace

James

Daniel said:

Now that is funny.  Not in a Ha Ha way though.  Of course they would still support it.  It DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING!  In a compromise, shouldn't BOTH sides give up something?

Ryan said:

Did anyone else get the Whitehouse response to the petition? They try to encourage us by saying NARAL and Planned Parenthood were supportive of the "compromise". O my. How clueless can this administration get about this?

I'm no suggesting that Christian compromise on their principles.  I'm saying that the LABEL that this is some kind of compromise is invalid as neither side gave up anything and nothing really changed.  A rose by any other name...

Daniel said:

I'm no suggesting that Christian compromise on their principles.  I'm saying that the LABEL that this is some kind of compromise is invalid as neither side gave up anything and nothing really changed.

Amen to that my friend.

A rose by any other name...

Or in this case a bit of "Bovine Scat" by any other name will still smell like "Bovine Scat"......

I can't remember - who was that General that led teh troop in first Desert storm and referred to comments by Saddam Hussein as "Bovine Scatology..." Oh Yea - General Shwartzcoff (sp?) Was that it??

Peace
James

The administration is digging in their heels. 

I'm not "political" so I don't know how much of this posturing might be an attempt to create or control campaign issues...Or maybe he intends to wait until closer to the election to announce a change and so come off as being "tolerant" and "amenable"....Blah blah blah....

However, if there is not political and electoral machinations going on then all I can say is...it's going to wind up in court and religious groups from a wide spectrum are beginning to come together in this fight, so it will be more difficult to paint this in some narrow way...It is truly a matter of religious freedoms.   

Peace

James

If you think it's political now, just wait and see what happens after the election.  Win or loose, he won't be worrying about re-election any more and his true colors are going to come out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Linkologica

Blog Resources

Arminian Today

Anyabwile

Bock

Called to Communion

Challies

Classical Arminianism

Craig

Christian Answers For The New Age

Christians in Context

Conversation Diary (catholic)

Continuationism.com (marv & scott)

Desiring God blog

DeYoung

First Things

Fr. Stephen (eastern orthodox)

Internet Monk

KJV Only Debate (jason s.)

Köstenberger

Lisa Robinson - TheoThoughts

Mohler

McKnight

National Catholic Register (catholic)

Parchment & Pen

Pierce

Re-Fundamentals

Resurgence

Roberts

Roger Olson

Taylor

Team Pyro

The Apologist's Pen

Untamed Spirituality

WDTPRS (catholic)

Witherington

Theological Resources

BioLogos

Center for Reformed Study and Apologetics

Creeds and Confessions

Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Council of Biblical Manhood and Womenhood (complementarian)

The Center for Bibical Equality (Egalitarian)

Evangelical Theological Society

Monergism.com

Reclaiming the Mind Ministries

Society of Evangelical Arminians

Theopedia

Theological Word of The Day

Tyndale House Bulletin

Church History

Early Christian Writings

Glimpes of Church History

Christian Traditions

Book of Concord

Catholic.com

Eastern Orthodox

Orthodox Catechism

Apologetics

CARM

Lennox

Reasonable Faith

RZIM

Stand to Reason

Tektonics

Bible Study

Bible Gateway

Bible Researcher

Blue Letter Bible

Bible.org

IVP New Testament Commentaries Online

Online Bible and Theology Education

Biblical Training

The Theology Program

Theology and Bible MP3s

Covenant Seminary

263 Theology Questions and Answers

Veritas Forum

Theologica Chat Room

MiRC Chat

Badge

Loading…

Get the Widget

Sponsor

Bible Options

© 2014   Created by Michael Patton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

/*============================================================================================ /*============================================================================================