Theologica

a bible, theology, politics, news, networking, and discussion site

Hi, I'm Izzy!  I like to have friendly and informative discussions about theology and stuff, but I don't like to debate. That is, I don't like to get adversarial or too serious about it. Irenic is good, which I gather is a popular word here.

I'm 57, chronically underemployed, and working on going back to college at Northwest University, majoring in Ministry Leadership. I'm not sure where that'll lead me, but I'm open to whatever God wants me to do, which I think might be something involved with ministry in some way.

Theologically, I'm conservative on core theology (the stuff that defines a Christian on this site) but moderate to liberal on much else. I'm a fan of C.S. Lewis, N.T. Wright and Gordon D. Fee. I'm Protestant in that I'm not Catholic or Orthodox, but I think both of those traditions have some things more right than we do.  Right now I belong to an Assemblies of God church, but if I found a charismatic-friendly Anglican or Episcopal church, that might be a better match.

I post on several other Christian boards, but I haven't seen another quite like this one! Here's hoping it works out, and that I can have lots of good conversations, learn some things and make some new friends.

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Izzy! As an atheist, may I say I have been amazed at the welcome extended to me on this site, in the short time I've been around. The Theologicans are generally good-natured, well-informed and thoughtful believers who don't mind a vigorous debate as long as it stays within the bounds of mutual respect.

Though I note you don't do much debate, I'm sure you will find plenty of non-confrontational conversation with your fellow believers here, as well as, hopefully, the few atheists who hang around here!

Thanks, Jax! Nice to meet you. I welcome good conversation with people of any faith or none. I was once an agnostic myself, and after that a Zen/Taoist. And I welcome disagreement, so long as it's kept friendly and not demanding of the "post proof or retract" sort. We are not lawyers arguing a case, or college debate teams competing for a prize, but friends exchanging views.

Jax Agnesson said:

Hi Izzy! As an atheist, may I say I have been amazed at the welcome extended to me on this site, in the short time I've been around. The Theologicans are generally good-natured, well-informed and thoughtful believers who don't mind a vigorous debate as long as it stays within the bounds of mutual respect.

Though I note you don't do much debate, I'm sure you will find plenty of non-confrontational conversation with your fellow believers here, as well as, hopefully, the few atheists who hang around here!

Welcome to Theologica, Izzy! LOVE your name! How cool!!

We have something in common - we are both 57 year old females! E.A. is for Elizabeth Ann. (Oddly, others have thought me a male in the past. That is why I am clarifying that).

Hope you enjoy it here. =)

Thank you, E.A.! Nice to meet you.

E. A. Long said:

Welcome to Theologica, Izzy! LOVE your name! How cool!!

We have something in common - we are both 57 year old females! E.A. is for Elizabeth Ann. (Oddly, others have thought me a male in the past. That is why I am clarifying that).

Hope you enjoy it here. =)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Linkologica

Blog Resources

Arminian Today

Anyabwile

Bock

Called to Communion

Challies

Classical Arminianism

Craig

Christian Answers For The New Age

Christians in Context

Conversation Diary (catholic)

Continuationism.com (marv & scott)

Desiring God blog

DeYoung

First Things

Fr. Stephen (eastern orthodox)

Internet Monk

KJV Only Debate (jason s.)

Köstenberger

Lisa Robinson - TheoThoughts

Mohler

McKnight

National Catholic Register (catholic)

Parchment & Pen

Pierce

Re-Fundamentals

Resurgence

Roberts

Roger Olson

Taylor

Team Pyro

The Apologist's Pen

Untamed Spirituality

WDTPRS (catholic)

Witherington

Theological Resources

BioLogos

Center for Reformed Study and Apologetics

Creeds and Confessions

Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Council of Biblical Manhood and Womenhood (complementarian)

The Center for Bibical Equality (Egalitarian)

Evangelical Theological Society

Monergism.com

Reclaiming the Mind Ministries

Society of Evangelical Arminians

Theopedia

Theological Word of The Day

Tyndale House Bulletin

Church History

Early Christian Writings

Glimpes of Church History

Christian Traditions

Book of Concord

Catholic.com

Eastern Orthodox

Orthodox Catechism

Apologetics

CARM

Lennox

Reasonable Faith

RZIM

Stand to Reason

Tektonics

Bible Study

Bible Gateway

Bible Researcher

Blue Letter Bible

Bible.org

IVP New Testament Commentaries Online

Online Bible and Theology Education

Biblical Training

The Theology Program

Theology and Bible MP3s

Covenant Seminary

263 Theology Questions and Answers

Veritas Forum

Theologica Chat Room

MiRC Chat

Badge

Loading…

Get the Widget

Sponsor

Bible Options

© 2014   Created by Michael Patton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

/*============================================================================================ /*============================================================================================