Theologica

a bible, theology, politics, news, networking, and discussion site

On how you view the Papist church. I am...

Jennifer had a great idea over here.  Rey was slow on the gun, so I took the liberty.

Take the poll here --> On how you view the Papist church. I am...

The tell us your answer here.

Tags: !, Poll

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hope we don't have to take the discussion too seriously, either. :) I am serious about loving all people, but I'm not serious about polls. Polls can be good, bad or indifferent. I think this one misses the mark, is all. Like someone else wrote it's loaded, which means it's faulty. No big deal, just not useful IMHO.

HUG!
Ray Nearhood said:
What is happening here? Are we about to start another hug fest about how to address issues at the expense of humor (like last Sept.)?

I hope so. I could really use a hug.
He didn't recruit me from any site. He sent me a personal email inviting me to join this site. Why does it matter?

Seraphim said:
What

site

were

you

rallied

from ?

was the question. Just wondering where Ryan went to get the troops is all.

Kathleen Gavlas said:
I did my best to do so. Sorry if it didn't satisfy. Shrug

None of the Above

I am protestant and disagree with some of the teachings of the RCC as well as other protestant churches in the Lutheran, Reformed and Anabaptist traditions.
I thought it was funny.
I'm not disagreeing with the topic, but with the wording in the poll. I wasn't the first to do so. It's fine to ask what people think of the Catholic Church, but the questions were loaded. I responded by rewording the final poll response to reflect how I feel as a Catholic. I see nothing wrong in that. It's too bad the discussion got sidetracked so that no one has yet responded to the relevant part of my post and the discussion is still going down this tangent.

Anne Hathaway said:
Kathleen. I'm Catholic too. I thought that I'd suggest that it is bad form to come into a protestant forum and complain about their topics.

BTW, I was asked to join by someone from the forum at Catholic Answers.
You're missing something. It's you attempting to sidetrack the discussion by being serious. Let me direct you to my first response to the accusation of writing loaded questions.

Kathleen Gavlas said:
It's too bad the discussion got sidetracked so that no one has yet responded to the relevant part of my post and the discussion is still going down this tangent.
Sometimes, in order to make a point about another’s position, rhetoric, or tactic—or sometimes just for fun—one uses satire. It was used to great affect by Charlie Chaplain, in order to marginalize Adolph Hitler, when he thought the world was taking him a little too seriously. The prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah use satire very nicely in pointing out that idols are pieces of wood. I get a hint of satire, I think, from the Apostle Paul from time to time. Almost a between the lines, “Oye Vey!”

For those of us who have read some satire, and who enjoy it, it is obvious that Ray’s “poll” is satire. It is poking fun at the silly, unreasonable positions both Catholics and Protestants take regarding the RCC. I, for one, thought it was pretty funny. It made it’s point. And we all got to have a bit of a chuckle.

Satire can be mean, of course. But not as mean as, say, to overtly patronize someone. Don’t you agree?
That was pretty funny, Anne Hathaway (are you THE Anne Hathaway, by the way?). Subtle. But funny. Delivered with the right timing and it could be a chuckler.

Anne Hathaway said:
Kathleen. I'm Catholic too. I thought that I'd suggest that it is bad form to come into a protestant forum and complain about their topics.

BTW, I was asked to join by someone from the forum at Catholic Answers.
You forgot the word "foul" in the title Ray.

Some Puritan you're turning out to be!!
I loosened my collar this morning. No wonder I missed it.

Char said:
You forgot the word "foul" in the title Ray.

Some Puritan you're turning out to be!!
yeah it's that Rick Warren face you've been sporting. It's ruining you.
The results as of 6:50pm.

I would like to point out that no Eastern Orthodox have replied, though it was an EO that made the recommendation. *sheesh*

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsors

Linkologica

Blog Resources

Arminian Today

Anyabwile

Bock

Called to Communion

Challies

Classical Arminianism

Craig

Christian Answers For The New Age

Christians in Context

Conversation Diary (catholic)

Continuationism.com (marv & scott)

Desiring God blog

DeYoung

First Things

Fr. Stephen (eastern orthodox)

Internet Monk

KJV Only Debate (jason s.)

Köstenberger

Lisa Robinson - TheoThoughts

Mohler

McKnight

National Catholic Register (catholic)

Parchment & Pen

Pierce

Re-Fundamentals

Resurgence

Roberts

Roger Olson

Taylor

Team Pyro

The Apologist's Pen

Untamed Spirituality

WDTPRS (catholic)

Witherington

Theological Resources

BioLogos

Center for Reformed Study and Apologetics

Creeds and Confessions

Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Council of Biblical Manhood and Womenhood (complementarian)

The Center for Bibical Equality (Egalitarian)

Evangelical Theological Society

Monergism.com

Reclaiming the Mind Ministries

Society of Evangelical Arminians

Theopedia

Theological Word of The Day

Tyndale House Bulletin

Church History

Early Christian Writings

Glimpes of Church History

Christian Traditions

Book of Concord

Catholic.com

Eastern Orthodox

Orthodox Catechism

Apologetics

CARM

Lennox

Reasonable Faith

RZIM

Stand to Reason

Tektonics

Bible Study

Bible Gateway

Bible Researcher

Blue Letter Bible

Bible.org

IVP New Testament Commentaries Online

Online Bible and Theology Education

Biblical Training

The Theology Program

Theology and Bible MP3s

Covenant Seminary

263 Theology Questions and Answers

Veritas Forum

Theologica Chat Room

MiRC Chat

Badge

Loading…

Get the Widget

Sponsor

Bible Options

© 2014   Created by Michael Patton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

/*============================================================================================ /*============================================================================================