Theologica

a bible, theology, politics, news, networking, and discussion site

This isn't merely about some pastor who preaches on the necessity of being one who pisseth against the wall. Not only is this merely about the King James Version translation. This is about how very, very evil and wrong are those Fundamentalist Pastors. Let's revel in their silliness.

Tags: !

Views: 426

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Fundamentalists: don't realize that culture determines morality.

Otsukafan,

I am being fair. It is when a whole group of people are identified not by the majority but the minority that it is unfair. Case in point BBC, probably the most Fundamentalistic college in my area in your example is glazed over for the fact that Heartland Bible fellowship, a minority, broke away from them. Like almost everyone who criticizes Fundamentalism you looked for the worst and drug them to the front. In 1990 the Heartland Bible college had 170 students! Look at BBC's website. Take not of the pictures of the students or depiction of their students NOTE: The girls are wearing makeup , have their hair styled, I see a few scoop necked T-shirts. and they are shown in a group *gasp* with boys. Yes I happen to know a pastor's son who was kicked out of the BBC for having a girl in his dorm room and I'm quite sure alcohol is a no-no...I also know that Penn State is ranked 4th in the country for it's problems and notoriety for alcohol abuse. I think students should be there to study. There is nothing wrong with a no alcohol policy.

Slightly off topic but I found interesting. I wanted to double check that Penn State was 4th worst..I got slightly side tracked, but look what they started doing this past 2010 semester.

Environmental change-- Beginning this year, University Park's East Halls have been designated alcohol-free residence halls, and next fall the designation will expand to the other traditional residential environments on campus. "Penn State will soon have one of the two most extensive prohibitions against alcohol possession and use in campus residences among Big Ten schools,"

 

 I underlined "and use"

Fundamentalists: They, unlike Blacks, should be stereotyped!

 

(Hispanics too. Taco eaters...)

Fundamentalists: they hold convictions against things I've long embraced! They don't know that Christ was weak like me?

Fundamentalists: Sneaky buggers. They've made their way into the business of Penn State's Student Affairs.

 

Mark my words if Sims isn't one of them . 

When I was a fundy, we didn't sing praises.  We sang hymns about standing firm - Onward Christian Soldiers and all that.  And you can forget praises on the wall.  Definite goat indicator there!  The dirtiest word in our vocabulary was "ecumenical".  "Rightly divining dividing" was the ultimate virtue.  Just go look at something like the Sword of the Lord.  You find things like ads for "Fellowship Baptist Church".  It is listed as "One of Jackson’s Largest and FastestGrowing Independent, Fundamental, Separated, Soul-Winning Churches."  Had to laugh at that one! LOL

Daniel,


That ad is at least 13 years old.  It has been that long that I've subscribed to the SOL.  The ad has been there all along.

I finally decided to let the subscription lapse, as I'm tired of getting angry at them.
Daniel said:

When I was a fundy, we didn't sing praises.  We sang hymns about standing firm - Onward Christian Soldiers and all that.  And you can forget praises on the wall.  Definite goat indicator there!  The dirtiest word in our vocabulary was "ecumenical".  "Rightly divining dividing" was the ultimate virtue.  Just go look at something like the Sword of the Lord.  You find things like ads for "Fellowship Baptist Church".  It is listed as "One of Jackson’s Largest and FastestGrowing Independent, Fundamental, Separated, Soul-Winning Churches."  Had to laugh at that one! LOL
I've just discovered theologica and joined the community. I am fascinated by this discussion of fundamentalism because I am a grandson of John R. Rice, grew up as a fundamentalist, and  have just published a book on fundamentalist history titled: "The Sword of the Lord: The Roots of Fundamentalism in an American F...."
So you're a lapsed fundy.

Jason said:

Daniel,


That ad is at least 13 years old.  It has been that long that I've subscribed to the SOL.  The ad has been there all along.

I finally decided to let the subscription lapse, as I'm tired of getting angry at them.
Daniel said:

When I was a fundy, we didn't sing praises.  We sang hymns about standing firm - Onward Christian Soldiers and all that.  And you can forget praises on the wall.  Definite goat indicator there!  The dirtiest word in our vocabulary was "ecumenical".  "Rightly divining dividing" was the ultimate virtue.  Just go look at something like the Sword of the Lord.  You find things like ads for "Fellowship Baptist Church".  It is listed as "One of Jackson’s Largest and FastestGrowing Independent, Fundamental, Separated, Soul-Winning Churches."  Had to laugh at that one! LOL
The PDF I downloaded was from 2008.  Don't tell me we went past 12/21/12 and I missed the big end of the world! :)

Jason said:

Daniel,


That ad is at least 13 years old.  It has been that long that I've subscribed to the SOL.  The ad has been there all along.

I finally decided to let the subscription lapse, as I'm tired of getting angry at them.
Daniel said:

When I was a fundy, we didn't sing praises.  We sang hymns about standing firm - Onward Christian Soldiers and all that.  And you can forget praises on the wall.  Definite goat indicator there!  The dirtiest word in our vocabulary was "ecumenical".  "Rightly divining dividing" was the ultimate virtue.  Just go look at something like the Sword of the Lord.  You find things like ads for "Fellowship Baptist Church".  It is listed as "One of Jackson’s Largest and FastestGrowing Independent, Fundamental, Separated, Soul-Winning Churches."  Had to laugh at that one! LOL
Welcome Andrew.   Many of us on this thread speak from personal experience, which has it's value, but we have not had the benefit of structured research, not to mention your unique background.   I'm intrigued by your journey, as mentioned in your link, and I'm certainly looking forward to hearing your perspective.

Andrew Himes said:
I've just discovered theologica and joined the community. I am fascinated by this discussion of fundamentalism because I am a grandson of John R. Rice, grew up as a fundamentalist, and  have just published a book on fundamentalist history titled: "The Sword of the Lord: The Roots of Fundamentalism in an American F...."

RSS

Sponsors

Linkologica

Blog Resources

Arminian Today

Anyabwile

Bock

Called to Communion

Challies

Classical Arminianism

Craig

Christian Answers For The New Age

Christians in Context

Conversation Diary (catholic)

Continuationism.com (marv & scott)

Desiring God blog

DeYoung

First Things

Fr. Stephen (eastern orthodox)

 

Internet Monk

KJV Only Debate (jason s.)

 

Köstenberger

Lisa Robinson - TheoThoughts

Mohler

McKnight

National Catholic Register (catholic)

Parchment & Pen

Pierce

Re-Fundamentals

Resurgence

Roberts

Roger Olson

Taylor

Team Pyro

The Apologist's Pen

Untamed Spirituality

WDTPRS (catholic)

Witherington

 

Theological Resources

BioLogos

Center for Reformed Study and Apologetics

Creeds and Confessions

Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Council of Biblical Manhood and Womenhood (complementarian)

The Center for Bibical Equality (Egalitarian)

Evangelical Theological Society

Monergism.com

Reclaiming the Mind Ministries

Society of Evangelical Arminians

Theopedia

Theological Word of The Day

Tyndale House Bulletin

 

Church History

Early Christian Writings

Glimpes of Church History

 

Christian Traditions

Book of Concord

Catholic.com

Eastern Orthodox

Orthodox Catechism

 

Apologetics

CARM

Lennox

Reasonable Faith

RZIM

Stand to Reason

Tektonics

 

Bible Study

Bible Gateway

Bible Researcher

Blue Letter Bible

Bible.org

IVP New Testament Commentaries Online

 

Online Bible and Theology Education

Biblical Training

The Theology Program

 

Theology and Bible MP3s

Covenant Seminary

263 Theology Questions and Answers

Veritas Forum

 

Theologica Chat Room

MiRC Chat

Badge

Loading…

Get the Widget


Sponsor



Bible Options




© 2014   Created by Michael Patton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

/*============================================================================================ /*============================================================================================