Theologica

a bible, theology, politics, news, networking, and discussion site

This is where ya'll can post your favorite videos, sound samples, lead sheets, etc. This could be very cool!

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!  Good job, my friend.  I think the chorus blends nicely with the verses.  Sorta carries the same feel. I'm gonna have to play it for myself, though. (If I won't be infringing on any copyright laws ;) )  I couldn't catch the lyrics for the chorus entirely. Can you write (type) them out. If you haven't already, you should introduce it to the congregation--definitely.  If I like it after playing it (and can play it), would you mind me using it ever...or copyrighting it or something? :D LOL just playing, dude. ;)  Seriously, though, have you written anything else?  I would be very interested in hearing it.

Crazy (JB) said:

Wrote a little chorus to Praise to the Lord the Almighty. Updated chords etc. Video isn't all that good, and I messed up the second chorus, but I hope to redo it in a little while and repost. 

Here's what the dream looked like. :)

Crazy (JB) said:

Here's a new arrangement of the old song "Savior of the nations, come." Really cool. Fabulous song for Christmas time. We are totally going to do it at our church. Of course our version, as usual, will be just a hair slower with a full measure at the end of each line to let it ring out with more emphasis and passion.

My wife found it on a blog by worship leader Bruce Benedict .

Here's the lead sheet. And the capo 3 guitar sheet.

The arrangement is good, but this is what I totally have running my head: (If only the resources were there)

- 1st & 2nd verses - one person A-cappella, meditatively, with enough reverb to make it hold it's own.
- after second verse: violin and cello do that little between the verse medley.
- 3rd verse vocal harmony comes in, keeping violin and cello, adding guitar.
- Vocal medley between verses.
- 4th verse really kicking into gear with strong vocals. Piano coming in and a low e-guitar and bass bringing up the back. Occasional low rumbling tom drums & quiet snare.
- Strong vocal medley between verses, with all backing.
- 5th verse, Climax of vocal and instrumental strength, really hitting it.
- vocal medley between verses backing up e-guitar solo taking off with lead melody. (taking a little more time with this, maybe the medley twice?)
- Violin and Cello bringing things back down after solo. All slowly fading off to nothing.
- 6th verse, all hands raised, everyone singing A-cappella.

I can dream right? :) Enjoy.
I don't get it.  Didn't you say earlier that you guys sorta "limped along" on this song?  Sounds great to me!  Was this the actual performance?

Yes, that was the actual performance. It bridged from that, straight into the "Christmas talk" for the evening. So that's why everyone was heading off stage while the violin and cello played until the speaker came up. 

The guys putting on the event over emphasized, I think (because they posted it like, four times on facebook leading up to the event), that it would be a formal Sunday best attire. I think they were afraid of their friends showing up in jeans and a t-shirt. So unfortunately the whole evening had a little too "formal" a feel to it and it left the crowd afraid to clap at the end of songs. There was hardly any crowd interaction, which kind of deadened the show. But, that was it. 

I did sense some up-tightness among your band members.  Now I know why.  Dressing up does seem to have the tendency to do that.  Maybe from fear of dancin a jig for Jesus and splittin one's pants or something.

So I've been looking over your remix of Praise to the Lord the Almighty. Gotta a question: Do you normally play it in G?  It's a bit too high for me in G.  I actually play the basic hymn in E.  (Just call me George Beverly Shea. ;) )

Crazy (JB) said:

Yes, that was the actual performance. It bridged from that, straight into the "Christmas talk" for the evening. So that's why everyone was heading off stage while the violin and cello played until the speaker came up. 

The guys putting on the event over emphasized, I think (because they posted it like, four times on facebook leading up to the event), that it would be a formal Sunday best attire. I think they were afraid of their friends showing up in jeans and a t-shirt. So unfortunately the whole evening had a little too "formal" a feel to it and it left the crowd afraid to clap at the end of songs. There was hardly any crowd interaction, which kind of deadened the show. But, that was it. 

Some guitar chord charts to a couple modern praise songs for your playing enjoyment... :)
Attachments:
On Glorious Day insert an Em7 (022033) between the final Dsus and Csus2. I think this is more correct, now having listen from my computer as opposed to my wife's cell. heh.

Tim said:
Some guitar chord charts to a couple modern praise songs for your playing enjoyment... :)

A little arrangement of old and new blended together. It's been running through my head for a couple months and I finally decided to lay it down and try it at church when we had an awesome electric guitarist in town for the weekend. This video on the other hand, is just me. Singing off key, as usual, and flubbing the chords every now and then. 

Blending the old Hymn "Ah Holy Jesus" with the contemporary chorus and ending of "With Everything" (Hillsong United). Definitely take it on the time-table of two songs. 
Starts transitioning at 2:45

Played this in my church with the full band and it was awesome. There is plenty of room to add dynamic and personal arrangements specific to your group. I personally hear the first three verses mostly rhythm, bass and acoustic guitar. And the electric guitars / piano coming in on the first chorus. I also hear the fifth verse as a primarily electric fuzz with a fade away after each chord. 

As for the rest, have fun. Your people should know what to do with it. :) 

Download the lead sheet for this arrangement here

Sorry for the length and then the abrupt end right when I was gett'n to the fun stuff. My wife and kids just returned home and were trying to open the door. :P

RSS

Sponsors

Linkologica

Blog Resources

Arminian Today

Anyabwile

Bock

Called to Communion

Challies

Classical Arminianism

Craig

Christian Answers For The New Age

Christians in Context

Conversation Diary (catholic)

Continuationism.com (marv & scott)

Desiring God blog

DeYoung

First Things

Fr. Stephen (eastern orthodox)

Internet Monk

KJV Only Debate (jason s.)

Köstenberger

Lisa Robinson - TheoThoughts

Mohler

McKnight

National Catholic Register (catholic)

Parchment & Pen

Pierce

Re-Fundamentals

Resurgence

Roberts

Roger Olson

Taylor

Team Pyro

The Apologist's Pen

Untamed Spirituality

WDTPRS (catholic)

Witherington

Theological Resources

BioLogos

Center for Reformed Study and Apologetics

Creeds and Confessions

Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Council of Biblical Manhood and Womenhood (complementarian)

The Center for Bibical Equality (Egalitarian)

Evangelical Theological Society

Monergism.com

Reclaiming the Mind Ministries

Society of Evangelical Arminians

Theopedia

Theological Word of The Day

Tyndale House Bulletin

Church History

Early Christian Writings

Glimpes of Church History

Christian Traditions

Book of Concord

Catholic.com

Eastern Orthodox

Orthodox Catechism

Apologetics

CARM

Lennox

Reasonable Faith

RZIM

Stand to Reason

Tektonics

Bible Study

Bible Gateway

Bible Researcher

Blue Letter Bible

Bible.org

IVP New Testament Commentaries Online

Online Bible and Theology Education

Biblical Training

The Theology Program

Theology and Bible MP3s

Covenant Seminary

263 Theology Questions and Answers

Veritas Forum

Theologica Chat Room

MiRC Chat

Badge

Loading…

Get the Widget

Sponsor

Bible Options

© 2014   Created by Michael Patton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

/*============================================================================================ /*============================================================================================